Apple, and Pecan Salad
- 12 ounces salad greens (spring mix)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 whole apples, cored and sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) Dijon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or more to taste)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the greens, cherries, pecans, cheese and apples into a large salad bowl.
Mix the olive oil, Dijon, maple syrup and vinegar in a small jar and sprinkle with and salt and pepper. Put the lid on the jar and shake well to mix.
Pour a little of the salad dressing over the top of the salad and toss to combine. Taste the salad and add more dressing to taste.
We really liked this. The dressing was a nice alternative to honey mustard since Dean is allergic to honey.