1 lb hamburger
garlic to taste
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can creamed corn
1 complete refrigerated pie crust (top and bottom)
mashed potatoes (use however much you like)
shredded cracker barrel sharp cheddar cheese (to taste)
butter (to taste)
1. Boil potatoes and then mash with a little milk and butter, but make them stiffer than if you were serving them as a side dish. Set aside.
2. brown hamburger with garlic then add both cans of corn, set aside
3. line pie dish with one crust
4. shred cracker barrel sharp cheddar cheese and set aside
5. add hamburger and corn mixture to pie crust, then sprinkle shredded cheese over the hamburger mixture.
6. spread mashed potatoes over the other two layers and then dot with butter.
7. put top crust on and fold over edges to seal. Cut steam slits in the pie.
8. Bake at 350 for about an hour or until the pie crust is cooked and golden brown.
We really enjoy this on a cold winter day. It freezes well too.