Notes: We make home made pizza on a regular basis. The toppings vary according to what we are in the mood for, and what looks good at the market. In the warmer weather we love to grill veggies as a side dish for grilled chicken or beef and we will then take the left over grilled veggies and use them as pizza topping. If we can get fresh basil we will often add that as well. I like to use the pre-shredded bagged cheese mixture for this that has cheddar and mozzarella (often labeled as pizza cheese) but the store did not have any so we bought a bag of cheddar and a bag of mozzarella and combined them ourselves. Also, sometimes we get a block of fresh parmesan and a block of fresh romano cheeses and grate them ourselves and use both of them in addition to the mozzarella and cheddar.
We use Pampered Chef Stoneware to do most of our baking. We use a pizza stone for this so we cook at 350 for about 45 minutes. Your oven temp and time may vary depending on your oven and your bakeware.
Last night we made a very basic veggie pizza. Here is what we did. If amounts are not listed it is because you can add the amount you like. Play with this and adjust it to your tastes.
1 pkg of pre-made pizza dough (our grocery store sells 1 pound packages made by a local bakery and that is what we use)
1 jar Ragu Pizza Quick Sauce
Green pepper, sliced thin
Red pepper, sliced thin
Red onion, sliced thin
Plum tomatoes, sliced thin
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Proof pizza dough.
2. Stretch pizza dough out on pan or stone you are using.
3. Add pizza sauce.
4. Add grated parmesan cheese to taste.
5. Add about half of the cheddar/mozzarella mixture.
6. Add as much of the green pepper, red pepper, red onion and plum tomato as you would like.
7. Add the rest of the mozzarella/cheddar mixture.
8. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until crust is cooked through and center is nice and bubbly.