9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing Cook: 5 min.
- 1/2 gallon French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Honey and whipped topping, optional
- Place nine 3-in. scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze for 1
- hour or until firm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine cornflake crumbs and cinnamon. Roll ice
- cream balls in crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet; freeze
- overnight. Wrap each scoop separately in plastic wrap; transfer to a
- freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- Unwrap ice cream; fry one scoop at a time for 8-10 seconds. Place in
- chilled bowls; serve immediately. Top with honey and whipped topping
- if desired.
Note: We only made a fraction of the recipe since there are only two of us. I will make this again for sure, and next time will make up the extras and keep in the freezer for future use. We had ice cream toppings and whipped cream on hand so we also added those as toppings. Excellent recipe!