We make these with leftover corned beef after a corned beef and cabbage dinner. I bake them because I don’t like them greasy and fried. Amounts vary according to what we have leftover and on hand.
Sliced corned beef
Thousand Island Dressing
Sliced Swiss Cheese
1. Butter one side of each pieces of rye bread and place, butter side down, on a foil lined cookie sheet.
2. Spread some thousand island dressing on each piece of bread (the side that is facing up).
3. Add the amount of corned beef you like.
4. Add the amount of sauerkraut you like.
5. Add the amount of Swiss cheese you like.
6. Top with the second piece of bread, dressing side facing the cheese and butter side up.
Bake at 400 until heated through. Flip sandwich halfway through cooking to brown both sides.