- 10 Strawberries
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz of room temperature cream cheese ( I use low-fat)
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Cut the tops off the strawberries and with a sharp knife cut an X on the bottom of the strawberries- do not cut through the strawberry.
- In a medium size bowl mix – cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Place mixture into a pastry bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off and pipe in the filling.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave ( make sure not to burn the chocolate)
- Drizzle chocolate on top of the strawberries.
Notes: I did this from memory when I made them up today and forgot that it is best to slice the strawberries from the bottom and then use the cut off top end as a way to stand them up. As a result I struggled to stand these things up and they kept flopping and making a mess. They still taste great though 🙂
I made these again tonight (April 16, 2013) for a lunch date with a friend tomorrow. I remembered to cut them the right way this time and they look much better!