Super Simple Peachy Barbecue Chicken (from BHG.com)
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Prep: 20 mins Slow Cook: 6 hrs to 8 hrs(low) or 3 to 4 hours (high)
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds chicken drumsticks, skinned (if desired)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Fresh peaches, cut into wedges (optional)
1. Place chicken in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. For sauce, in a small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce, preserves, and mustard. Pour over chicken.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
3. Transfer chicken to a serving dish; cover and keep warm. Transfer sauce to a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until sauce is desired consistency. Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, garnish with fresh peaches.
Note: I used a whole chicken and doubled the sauce. Came out good! When peaches are in season I cut them in half and grill them and serve as a side dish with this. Tonight we had cabbage-pineapple salad and strawberry spinach salad as sides. They were great with this.