- 1 2/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions (about 4 scallions)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a 12 cup popover or jumbo muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine milk, flour, eggs, salt, and cayenne in a bowl, beat well until smooth.
- Stir 1 cup Cheddar, 2/3 of the chopped bacon, and the scallions into batter.Spoon 1/3 cupfuls of batter into prepared cups. Sprinkle evenly with remaining Cheddar and bacon.
- Bake popovers 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375 degrees and bake until golden brown, an additional 10 minutes or so. Serve hot.
Notes: I found this someplace online..I think it was on Pinterest. I thought it would go great with the Easter ham and boy was I right. These were fantastic. We don’t like spicy things so we left out the cayenne.