About once every 6 months or so we get cravings for home made fries. Even when we go out for a meal and fries come with it neither of us really eats more than a couple of them. Recently I have noticed that lots of places are offering hand made chips (the seasoning seems to vary so I made one up that sounded good to me). I went online to see what some of the places use to make a dipping sauce. The simplest one was mayo combined with BBQ sauce, so that is what I did and it was good! I used two large russet potatoes and it made WAY too many. So next time if I do this again I will use one medium sized potato. I am going to experiment with brushing the chips with oil abd baking instead of deep frying for a slightly healthier option. All in all these came out good. Hubby liked them too. Here is what I did (amounts will vary according to your individual taste):
1. Combine a couple of tablespoons of mayo with enough BBQ sauce to achieve the flavor you prefer. Mix together well and set aside.
2 large Russet Potatoes, sliced thin
Oil for frying
Parmesan cheese (grated)
Freshly ground Black Pepper
1. Wash/dry potatoes.
2. Cut into thin slices.
3. Heat oil and then deep fry the potato slices until golden brown.
4. Remove from oil and place on paper towel or brown paper bag to drain.
5. Keep going until all potatoes are fried.
6. Put chips in a bowl and add grated parmesan, salt and pepper and then gently toss to coat all potatoes.
7. Serve with dipping sauce.