A few weeks back we went to a Brazilian steak house where they served lots of meats fire roasted on skewers. They would come to your table and shave off pieces for you. At the end of the meal they came by with pineapple rolled in cinnamon sugar that had been roasted the same way. It was fantastic so we decided to try doing some on our grill. It worked! It came out great and we will be doing it again for sure.
1 whole, fresh pineapple
1. Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple then stand it up and cut away the peel.
2. Cut pineapple into spears, removing core as you do so.
3. Skewer each spear onto a wooden or metal skewer (makes it easier to deal with them on the grill, but if you don’t have skewers you could probably just lay the spears on the grill)
4. Combine cinnamon and sugar in the proportions you like. I just eyeballed how much I thought I would need to coat all of the spears. Set aside.
5. Grill pineapple spears until warmed through, turning once in a while to avoid burning.
6. Remove pineapple from grill and roll in cinnamon sugar just before serving.