I finally found a good way to make these where the green beans stay nice and crisp and green. Hubby is allergic to nuts so I always just toast some almonds and set aside, then sprinkle on my plate over my portion. Amounts don’t have to be exact at all on these. I use whatever I have laying around.
Fresh Green Beans
1. I start by putting my green beans (with ends trimmed) into a microwaveable plastic container. Add a couple of tablespoons of water, and place the lid on. Microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
2. Peel and press a couple of cloves of garlic, set aside.
3. spread some sliced almonds on a baking sheet. Roast at about 375 for around 5-10 minutes..depends on how toasted you want them…keep an eye on them. Removed from oven when they are browned to the degree that you prefer and set aside.
4. Place microwaved green beans in a skillet with a little butter and heat/brown to the degree you prefer. Add garlic and cook just a bit more so garlic is cooked but not burned.
5. Remove from heat and add to serving dish. Sprinkle toasted almonds over beans and serve.