I found this recipe online somewhere a few years ago and whenever I make it, it disappears fast and people always want the recipe. I recently made this for a cookie swap at work.
2 sticks butter, melted
2/3 C sugar
1 12 oz bag chocolate chips ( I like the mini ones because they melt faster).
1. Use a non stick cookie sheet or line a baking sheet with foil and grease or spray.
2. Put a layer of saltines on the cookie sheet.
3. Mix sugar into melted butter pour evenly over crackers (I use a rubber spatula to spread it around so everything is coated).
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over cracker mixture and return to the oven for about 1 minute or so.
6. Remove from oven and use spatula to spread melty chocolate chips evenly over crackers.
7. Let sit until cool then break up into pieces. I often place the baking sheet in the freezer for a few minutes to harden it faster.
I forgot to take photos of the process, but here is the finished product: