I have been making roasted asparagus for a long time and recently I had made a salad with citrus dressing and got to thinking it might be good over roasted asparagus. So tonight I tried it and I was right…it was fantastic! This will become a staple in our house I think. The fresh orange slices were a nice addition too…I might add some zest next time too just to see how that is.
Here is what I did:
1 bunch of asparagus
2 large naval oranges
1. Trim asparagus then place on baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle with olive oil then roll asparagus to coat.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then roast. I think I did about 35o degrees for about a half hour (might have been off on the time, I lost track)
4. Remove roasted asparagus to a serving platter.
5. Peel and cut oranges into slices. I use a knife to peel the orange and then slice the whole orange…the pictures will explain it better than I can write about it.
6. Pour Citrus Vinaigrettte over asparagus and then lay orange slices over the top. Serve.