I have seen various versions of this all over the internet so last night I decided to put my own spin on it. The variations are endless, really. Amounts are to taste. Next time I might add some shredded cheese.
Red Potatoes (small to medium sized)
Fresh cracked peppper
1. Boil the potatoes until fork tender. Drain.
2. Put enough oil on a baking sheet or stoneware pan to lightly coat.
3. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet.
4. Take a potato masher and press down on each potato so that they split open and flatten out a bit.
5. Sprinkle each potato with salt and pepper.
6. Sprinkle minced garlic over each potato ( I used the minced garlic in a jar to keep things easy)
7. Drizzle olive oil over each potato.
8. Bake at 450 for about 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes have a nice crispy brown top.