I had something similar to this years ago at a gourmet shop and it was really great. They made the sandwiches on croissants but I use French bread instead…not as rich and holds up better for a picnic. I recently made these to take on a picnic. Amounts are to your taste.
1 loaf French bread
Rare roast beef
1 container Boursin garlic and herb cheese spread
1. Cut the French bread in half the long way.
2. Spread the Boursin on the bottom piece of bread.
3. Place roast beef slices up and down the length of the bottom of the bread.
4. Place sliced tomatoes on the sandwich, all along the length of the bread.
5. Add lettuce (I like green leaf)
6. Place top on the bread and then cut the sandwich into single serving sized pieces.