I made up a batch of these and put them in smaller foil pans for the freezer. It was the perfect thing to do when cooking for two.
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 3/4 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (26-28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in , combine ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 1/2 cups of the Italian cheese blend and 1/4 cup of the half-and-half. Grate Parmesan cheese into Batter Bowl using . Press garlic into Bowl using . Add seasonings; mix well and set aside.
- In , whisk spaghetti sauce and remaining 1/2 cup half-and-half with until blended. Reserve 1 cup of the sauce mixture; spread remaining sauce mixture over bottom of . Using , fill each shell with rounded scoop of spinach mixture. Arrange filled shells in Baker. Top evenly with reserved sauce mixture. Cover Baker with .
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Remove Lid/Bowl. Sprinkle shells with remaining 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend. Continue baking, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.