I found this recipe online somewhere years ago and I cannot remember where. I like to serve this with a nice salad and some crusty bread. We made two of these today to use up some nice fresh eggs that a friend gave me. We are freezing them for future use.
Update: We have been using this basic recipe with a new variation. Instead of the cinnamon sugar apples and cheddar, I have been using sauteed onions, cooked crumbled bacon, wilted baby spinach and shredded swiss cheese. Amounts vary depending on what I have on hand I We LOVE the new variation and it also freezes really well We have been stocking the freezer with these for easy weeknight meals.
1 each 10-inch pastry shell
2 tbsp butter
3 apples, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 pounds shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 large eggs beaten
1 1/2 cups half and half cream
Method of Preparation:
- In a large skillet, heat the butter until melted.
- Add the apples and sauté for 2 min.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Lay the apples on the pie shell neatly.
- Add the cheese on top.
- Beat the eggs and cream until blended.
- Pour this gently over the apples and cheese.
- Bake in a 375 oven for 30-35 min or until golden brown on top,
- Cool for 1 hour and serve.