I got this recipe way back in high school when I was taking a food service class. It is THE BEST chocolate pudding I have ever tasted. I made this up today so it can get nice and set up and cool and then tomorrow will make the cream topping and finish off my chocolate cream pie.
3/4 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c sifted unsweetened coca powder
1/4 c corn starch
2 1/4 c scalded milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tsp butter
1. Combine dry ingredients in a pan.
2. Slowly whisk scalded milk into dry ingredients.
3. Keep whisking over medium heat until the pudding is thick and bubbly.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and butter.
5. Pour into pre baked pie shell or into pudding cups then refrigerate. I always put plastic wrap over the top of the pie touching the filling to keep a skin from forming.