Note: We decided that next time we make this we will double the apples and onions so we have extra to top the chops with. We really liked this dish.
- 4 bone-in ½” thick pork chops
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow, brown, or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot to Sauté setting, add olive oil and sauté onions in olive oil until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, toss, and cook one more minute. Add apple slices and cinnamon, toss and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, stir, and let sauté one more minute.
- Add in pork chops, put on lid, and turn to Manual setting (on high pressure) for 3 minutes. Make sure valve seal on lid is in the “Sealed” position. After Manual cycle completes 3 minutes, let cook for 8 minutes, then flip the valve seal on the lid is flipped to “Release” to release remaining pressure. This will prevent the pork chops from overcooking. Chops should be done through, or insert a meat thermometer to make sure it’s 145-160 degrees. Serve immediately, topped with onion and apple mixture.