Note: We thought this was too sweet. We will omit the sugar next time since the sweetened condensed milk makes it plenty sweet enough. I also added some fresh grated nutmeg when serving.
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding (Arroz con Leche) Ingredients:
- 2 cups milk
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse rice well using a fine mesh colander
- Add milk, sugar, water, and salt to Instant Pot
- Add rice to milk mixture.
- Place lid on Instant Post, seal lid, and close vent.
- Press the Porridge button. The rice will take 20 minutes to cook on this setting.
- When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release slowly for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, press the Cancel button and open vent to release pressure.
- When depressurized, open lid.
- Add Sweetened Condensed milk and vanilla.
- Stir until well mixed.