Note: This is how my mother always made mac and cheese. I had not made it in at least 15 years so I was a bit rusty. I needed to add a bit more cheese and milk. I did add more of both when we reheated it in a saucepan to have on another night. I am listing vague amounts because my mother never measured and neither did I. This is why I didn’t exactly get it right after not having made it for so long. So it is good that I am finally writing it down!
1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
3/4 of a large block of Velveeta cheese cut into cubes
2 eggs, beaten
Milk…enough to submerge the macaroni (we use whole milk for this)
1. Pour cooked macaroni into a greased 9×13 baking dish
2. Mix in Veleveeta cubes
3. Add some milk to the beaten eggs and pour over the macaroni
4. Add more milk, enough so that the macaroni is submerged (I didn’t add quite enough this time).
5. Stir with a spoon to mix everything.
6. Bake at 350 for about an hour, or until the top of the mac and cheese is nice and bubbly and has some browned areas.