Recipe credit: The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Laurel Randolph
Note: we didn’t have mushrooms so we just left them out and we forgot to get fresh parsley as well so we used dried. It still came out good.
2 Onions, quartered
2 Celery stalks, quartered
2 carrots, cut into large chunks
10 button mushrooms
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 small bunch fresh parsley
1 bay leaf
8 cups water
kosher salt (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the instant pot except salt, secure the lid.
- Select soup and cook at high pressure for 1 hour.
- Natural release when cooking is finished. This will take at least 15 minutes.
- Strain stock using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Season with salt if using.
- Store stock in fridge for a few days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Note: You can add any vegetables you have on hand, as well as other herbs.