The Pampered Chef
- 1 can (16 oz/450 g) refried beans
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) taco seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium plum tomato
- 3 green onions with tops
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced pitted ripe olives
- Additional sour cream and tortilla chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) . Spread the beans over the bottom of the baking dish. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning, and garlic a bowl; mix well. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the beans. Bake for 15–18 minutes or until hot. Remove the baking dish from the oven; top with the cheddar cheese. Return to the oven and bake an additional 2–3 minutes or until the cheddar cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, dice the tomato and thinly slice the onions. Snip the cilantro using the kitchen shears.
- Sprinkle the olives, tomato, onions, and cilantro over the dip. Garnish with additional sour cream and serve with tortilla chips, if desired.